WBS Penguins Practice Update 4/14/11

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins were back at it this morning at the Coal Street Rink for their last morning practice before the playoffs start up. Everyone practiced today except John Curry, who coach John Hynes told me would be ready for tomorrow night's game. He called Curry's absence the last two days as maintenance days to rest up and be ready for Friday.

I got a much more vague answer when I asked about Tim Wallace and Bryan Lerg, which isn't surprising now that it's playoff time. I talked with Wallace after practice and he didn't sound overly optimistic about his return to the lineup. He gave me one of those looks like he wasn't sure. He told me "I hope so".

Bryan Lerg, on the other hand, is more likely to be in the lineup tomorrow night. He stayed out on the ice after the regulars left and worked on some shooting and skating before Hynes came over and asked him how he felt. Lerg gave the nod signaling he was good to go and then came off the ice. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk with Lerg when he came off.

After the regulars left, Andy Bathgate, Brian Gibbons, Ryan Schnell, Viktor Ekbom, and goaltender Alexander Pechurskiy came out for some work with coach Hynes and Bill Guerin. I was very surprised with Pechurskiy's ability to speak English after he came off the ice and signed a few autographs.

A complete breakdown of the Penguins and Norfolk Admirals matchup will be up later this evening. Be sure to check that out. Tomorrow the race to 16 wins begins for the Penguins. Let's do this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment