- Robert Bortuzzo was back at practice today, after making his NHL debut Saturday night in Pittsburgh's shootout win over the Los Angeles Kings. Bortuzzo saw 10:38 of ice time, registering two penalty minutes.
- Ryan Craig skated today at the Coal Street Rink and was wearing a regular practice jersey. He should be back in the lineup this week.
- Boris Valabik also wore a regular practice jersey. Both are day-today but Craig should be closer to returning than Valabik.
- Geoff Walker didn't practice today. I actually got a chance to talk to him for a few minutes as he came out to watch his teammates practice. He said he's doing better and hopes to be back soon. I take that as he won't be in the lineup Wednesday but might be back this weekend.
- Cody Chupp wasn't on the ice today and according to Penguins beat writer Jonathan Bombulie, it's because Chupp was on his way to the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers. He didn't play poorly in his time with WBS, just a victim of healthy bodies returning to the lineup.
Another upbeat John Hynes practice with a physical 2-on-2 drill towards the end of the two hour session. Hynes was still lighting a fire under his team, mentioning that they'd have to do better and put out more effort. He also mentioned that Norfolk, who the Penguins travel to play on Wednesday, beat Binghamton 7-0.
After the jump a few pictures from today's practice.
|Even when hunched over, Boris Valabik is as tall as Brian Gibbons!|
|Scott Munroe trying to elude a screen.|
|Brandon DeFazio looking for a re-direct.|
|Guys looking on during the 2-on-2 drill at center ice.|
|Even Simon Despres is growing out his mustache for November.|