|Highland Park Hockey will be a source of league-wide AHL content during the 2016-17 season. Photo: Nina Weiss/The Home News|
This is next step toward becoming a hub for across the league coverage because lets face it, there simply is not enough AHL coverage of these future NHL stars in the making. Fans of all hockey teams will be able to come here for an inside look at prospects across all 30 NHL organizations.
When this website was created back in March of 2010, it covered the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Pittsburgh Penguins prospects and was a go-to source for the latest insights/news for much of the past five years. There will be more Penguins' coverage in 2016-17.
The past two seasons have been a bit of a transition as it now covers the Lehigh Valley Phantoms beat as the only daily source of coverage of the team both in-season with live coverage at home and on the road as well as in the off-season with features and breaking news. This will continue to be the best place for Phantoms coverage in 2016-17.
For all the latest Phantoms news, notes and information, be sure you are following me on Twitter -> @TonyAndrock. Also make sure you're following the website's official Twitter page @H_P_Hockey and like the Facebook page to get more AHL hockey news into your life this upcoming season.
This summer will provide another transition period as the expansion to cover more AHL hockey in the 2016-17 season is already well underway. There's going to be a lot more content here daily. Here's just a few things already planned in terms of coverage for the upcoming season:
- Daily Links Post - Every morning will start off with a daily links posts to recap all of the news around the AHL from the previous night. This differs from the regular Monday's Catch Up & Links post which will be geared toward the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
- Saturday's Morning Skate - A weekly post taking a look around the AHL's Friday night action as well as a look ahead to the weekend's games.
- AHL Features - Last season at Hockey's Future, I was able to talk to and write about 26 prospects spanning 13 different AHL teams. While the plan is to continue to feature the top prospects at Hockey's Future in 2016-17, I will have even more AHL features online here as well to cater to hockey fans across the United States and Canada to learn more about their favorite teams/players.
- Daily Lehigh Valley Phantoms coverage - This was already here the past two seasons. If you liked the coverage of the Phantoms these past two seasons, then you'll be more than pleased for what's coming this season.
- Weekly Prospect Reports - For fans of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers organizations, there will be a weekly write up detailing the progress for each team's prospects. The plan is to expand these write ups for more teams throughout the season.
- Monthly AHL Prospect Grades - Each month, there will be an in-depth report on both the Penguins and Phantoms taking a look at the development of players throughout the season.
Share this news into your social media and spread the word that hockey fans searching for more AHL content about their favorite players/teams will have a place to come for news on tomorrow's NHL stars.